Saturday, November 23, 2013

On the move!

I am moving! I am leaving my nice 2 bedroom apartment with the "individual" who lives down the hall to a new place about 4 blocks away on the same road! lol! It's a 2 bedroom condo, with underground parking, a salt water pool, a huge balcony, an accessible bathroom for my gal and a host of other amenities that make this a really good place for us. 1300 square feet of carpet free bliss! Plus it's directly across from the big park that I have walked in for the past three years. Very exciting.

For the past couple of weeks I have been moving boxes of stuff over in the morning before work and putting their contents away. Today is the delivery of the new washer/dryer (BIG sale), it's been freshly painted in the main area...yahoo! Over time, I will update its looks but for now, it's damn nice. Next Saturday is the actual moving in date. 

Onward!

It's been repainted "autumn gold"...and no tacky border


9 comments:

  1. Oh that's wonderful that you're moving and it's to a suitable apartment without that nasty neighbour! I have a friend who's got two nasty (one of them criminal) neighbours and they make a racket at all hours and it's making her sicker than she already is (she's bedridden). Two weeks ago someone (likely them) stole the key-safe from outside their building so her carers now can't get in without her husband being there. It's terrible but nothing much can be done, short of my friends moving, and she's much too ill and the flat is otherwise perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matthew...I am lucky. This place is safe, safe, safe!

      Delete
  2. Is a saltwater pool unusual, or is it a common alternative to chlorine in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more and more of them all the time around here. I understand they are more expensive to set up, but, in the long run, are a better choice. Certainly, much nicer to swim in. Chlorine can be hard on the skin.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful! Congratulations to you, and happy travels to the new pad --

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire,

    I've been following your blog from South Africa for sometime. Is there any chance I could contact you via email? Can't see your contact details on your blog.
    Kind Regards
    Nina
    blackinc@mweb.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina! I don't know why my email won't show up when it gets clicked on. I have it set to show. In any case...crwandsrw@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. That is great news that you have found such an amazing new place. Congrats!! It sounds really lovely.

    ReplyDelete